Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Choosing 'Happy' for the Holidays.

Photobucket


Well.. there really isn't an update.
I got a new script that I LOVE. That will probably go into production in about 6 months. So that will be exciting!
I got a pilot for next season. We did a few reads and then it got pulled,canned,ax'd, whatever you want to call it.
So... I don't actually have pilot. So far since last pilot season, I have gotten TWO pilots, both series regular roles. BOTH with great potential (we thought). BOTH canned before airing. This one was pulled before they put money even into production. But the last one got to film 2 episodes and then it was pulled.
Maybe they'll hang on to that one if they need stuff to 'fill in' time slots. However, that's doubtful with so much reality TV.
Let's see.. what else.
My family decided last minute to head to Minnesota for Thanksgiving this year cause Gramps isn't feeling great with the cancer. So we thought it'd be great to get out there.
here's a picture of him! aww. he's so cute!
Photobucket


That's at my Aunt Jane's house in St.Paul. It was in the 20's for the 3 days I was there. I had to stay inside cause I had some strept and what we thought was bronchitis. Then I flu back and BAM! got Real sick real quick and it.was.not.fun. Went into hospital and they informed me it was pneumonia.
They said it's probably from the ELEVEN (that's right 11) FLIGHTS I've taken since July and not being able to just rest. ALSO, The flu shot.They said it could've been caused by the FLU shot.
My advice: Steer Clear of that sucker! it is NO bueno! The dr. said that he advises me to never get it again. I said: "You don't have to tell me twice!"
So they packed me full of Meds and let me go. It fell back into Bronchitis and now it's merely a cold!
So that's relief!
Here is a picture (kinda distorted..I know!) Of my cousin Steve and his Wife Katrina's son Loren. My goodness this kid is stinkin' cute!
Photobucket

they have a blog too. You can click on it on the side of mine that says the people that follow my blog. I think she's the only one. ha ha

I am starting to slowly get into the spirit of the Holidays.
Since my roommate just bought her house, she went all out on her first Christmas in her first purchased home. So we have all types of decorations. Here's a picture of the house looking in from the front window.
Photobucket

I am not flying home this year for the holiday so I have become a slight "humbug" some may call it. I mean, I'm all for the meaning of Christmas and that's very important & I have been going to church and I even volunteered and made beads for their kids show. But, I just find it strange still that it's in the 70's with no snow or cold; and no family around and... They're playing Christmas Music!?!
I think it's strange. So I'll just hang around and keep my movie watching tradition and go to one on Christmas day to keep myself occupied.
My roommate is having her family over for Christmas Day Dinner. So that's when I'll probably slip out to a movie and whatever is open for dinner so that I don't like sit there & watch their family watch movies and eat dinner together, etc..
I'm sure the actual day will be fine. Just thinking about everyone at home makes me a little sad. But, I will be home in Feb. So, it'll be ok.
Other than that, things are pretty stinkin' great. 2008 has been a year of both Blessings and major heartbreak. But I have seriously the most amazing family and friends and we all,GOD willing get through it all.

Hope everyone is in the spirit and has GREAT HOLIDAYS!!!!

God Bless,
KV

No comments: