Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dang Nabbit... FIRE SUCKS! *1st evacuation*

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dang Nabbit... FIRE SUCKS!

Ladies and Gentleman- I am safe. IN a hotel tonight. Lise is staying with me. For those who aren't too sure what I'm talking about... Let me explain....
I awoke at about 4pm this afternoon from my nap after working at 4am this morning to the police and helicopers at the base of the canyon i live at. Sure enough my neighborhood is on fire and all the hills around me. It was SOOOO scarey. They police on motorcycles told us to grab important belongings and evacuate. SO... I grabbed my lap top my baby blanket my pillow my bible, my glasses, my phone and my charger.
You know how people always ask: if you were in a fire what would you grab!? Well I actually had to do it. I of course keep thinking.. I should've grab this and that.. but everything can be replaced.... nothing but pictures are irriplaceable in there except my pictures.
As of right now, my house is still standing. The houses on the other side of the park are gone though. The wind has shifted and everything should be okay. But We can't go back until tomorrow... hopefully. The fire was literally at my doorstep and SO hott.. So scarey. I can't believe that my house is standing still. Someone is looking out for me definatly!
So for the record.. I'm just doing dandy with my duffle bag!
thanks for everyone who sent they're prayers and called. I can't answer every call.. everyone's been calling.. but i've just let people leave messages. I"ll get back to you when I get the chance. I'm just relaxing and getting out of the state of panic right now.
~Katie

No comments: