Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Day in the Life of Me . . & Amos Lee!!
Current mood: blah

*Disclaimer: I'm sure this is going to contain little or no correct grammer. Spelling and punctuation of any sorts is just out of the question . Okay!? So throw me a bone here people. I had a LONG freakin' Weekend! PSH!*
--------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it begins. . . . . . . . . . . . ... . .

On Friday the 28th of July my little brother Benjamin flu down to L.A. and him and I, and my roommate Beth left early Saturday morning for San Jose for my cousin's wedding.
On Friday morning before I went the airport Beth and I went to pick up the rental Car, and everything went off without a hitch. I got the airport and checked in to pick up my brother who's a minor so I had to go to the gate to get him. All went well and I got there with plenty of time to spare. After Ben got off the plane we went to the parking garage at Burbank Airport and proceeded to drive out when I realized I had no idea where the parking ticket was. after about 20 mins of looking for the ticket, the parking people told me I Had to pay $30 to get out of the garage. BOO! So I did. Ah well, I wasn't that mad. I was mainly happy that I had my little brother with me.

Saturday's drive was awesome. We stopped for gas and bought fruit from the market in Pismo Beach. We were making Great time. At what would be our last bathroom stop, I got out of the car and headed inside to "tinkle". We were at a Truck stop in a little town called King City. When I say little I want to emphasize the fact that it was TINY. .. like.. Approx. 2 miles in radius little. It includes a truckstop and a ghetto cafe that makes beef sandwiches that taste like old chinese food. "how would you know that Katie!?" I bet you are asking.. . well I know that because after voiding in the toilet I stood up and the keys to not only my rental car, but also everything else I need keys for flushed down the toilet.

We asked to call a plumber but apparently this had happened to someone before only a few weeks ago and they seems to know that it goes to the septic tank and cannot be retrieved. Actually an exact quote at one point was, "Miss, this is a truck stop. Do you know how many people come in and out of this place on a daily basis!? We've gotta have strong pipes!" So in my state of Panic I came out of the bathroom and told Beth and Ben what had just happened. For a moment they didn't believe me. then they realized I wasn't kidding nad got extremely angry. WOW were they mad!

We then went through all possible options. We called AAA and asked for them to come and carve a key so we could get to SanJose for the wedding and finish our trip. They couldn't because it's a "3rd generation chipped key" and can't be carved. Then we called dealerships within 70 miles either way and both didn't have anything avalible until Monday afternoon. We were officially freaking out. Thank god I wasn't smart enough to lock the car when we got out of it, because it was unlocked, we got out our phones and dialed away.

Avis then ( 3hours later) decided to send a tow truck from Salinas with another Avis Rental on it to bail us out. They told me it was going to be between 50-100 dollars to get a new key. @ that point I just didn't care. We went into the ghetto "american chinese" cafe and had lunch while waiting for our car.

The rest of the trip went off without a hitch. My cousins wedding was awesome and I got to be with my family <-- which was the best thing EVER!

Ben flu out of San Jose home so Beth and I drove back to L.A. When we got back into the Valley I had a locksmith meet us to make a key for my car so I could drop off the dreadful Rental. When I went to return it, my Original $130.00 rental car was now $360 more. They wouldn't budge so I had to pay it. Apparently there was a 225$ towing cost cause the tow truck had to drive 50 miles to save us. BOO!! I am still quite angry at this. . . but realize this is my life. Nothing is just Easy.. . ahh well.

AFter I got done being really mad at Avis Rent A Car, I met wendy Wiltsey for coffee and then went and saw my favorite AMOS LEE at the Hotel Cafe. I am going to put up some video I have from the show off my phone once I figure it out.

WOW.. he was amazing. It was definatly a good ending to a horrible experience.

Ben and Beth were both very patient and great about helping me dig my way out of that disaster I caused.. I highly thank the both of them.

oh yeah.. this is life. Mine. And I'm living it.

*KT*

No comments: