Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday, June 18, 2006

One Year Later. . .
Current mood: thankful

Exactly one year ago today I arrived in Woodland Hills, California with Mallori and my Dad.
After the 19 hour drive that consisted of getting lost in Portland after buying cherries and water; pee'ing on the side of the highway at the "Welcome to California" sign at the border; and pulling over in a deserted farmland to take a nap at 6am, then meeting my Fasha in Sacremento to have breakfast with Cody, we arrived in Los Angeles County and unpacked a whole Uhaul in about an hour while experiencing the "valley" heat that none of us had even heard of.
I cannot even begin to tell you what everything that has happened this year has made me. I couldn't even claim to be slightly the same person.
In the last year of being in California the following has occured: My mom and I got stuck in a taco bell by LAX Airport, while the police tried to talk down a crazy homeless woman. I was evacuated from my house by a helicopter and about a dozen police on motorbikes, because the hills outside my house were on fire. Then, someone decided to shank somoene else in the face with a box cutter in Starbucks while I was working, and bleed all Over while me and one other person witnessed it all. I even had my first court deposition all over it too.
If you would have asked me six months ago what I thought about it here I would've said, "I hate California, and I'm going home as soon as I've given it a year". It's now been a year and if you were to now ask me what I thought about California I'd say, "Well, it's not Washington, but I'm not miserable." It's been a whole year. I honestly can't believe it. I feel So proud of mysefl for staying and being where I am now.
This year has been So exciting. I've made new friends while staying in touch with old ones. I've learned more about myself that one can possibly imagine learning in one year. I've obtained a full time job at West Hills Lab and a part-time one at Starbucks. I signed with a manager and experienced my first "hollywood audition" along with multiple more. Then I signed with an agency and now I'm taking classes with respectable directors and casting directors on a weekly basis. I am experiencing my dream, which I realized was simply being in my "element" and perfecting my craft; all while becoming 100% independent and satisfied with ME.
I can honestly say, at this point in my life I am happy & Nothing feels better than to sit back and realize it.

I send out a "thank you" to everyone who didn't tell me I was crazy for leaving WA and attempting this crazy goal.
I only pray that in a year, things will be going as steady or even better.

My scene study coach James Quattrochi always uses this quote--"The Only difference between me and you, is that I gave it one more day!"- Harrison Ford. I am so relieved that I listened to that and haven't given up.

I pray that everyone gets to this point in their life. The point where you can look at your life and say, "I am extrememly busy, I'm maybe not in the best of financial terms, What I'm doing is Hard and Stressful, But I am Happy and wouldn't change a thing right now!" The point in which you realize you are content and that turning back would be what makes you most Unhappy.

Many thanks and love again!

GOD bless! *MWAH* ---> KT

No comments: