Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why cant they Fergie Ferg!? HUH!?
Current mood: curious

"Blogging" is for thoughts. Here's my most recent.
(i'm not claiming that it's profound. okay!? just a thought.)

**********************************************
I am having mixed feeling about this song!
"BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY"
seriously I think it'd be good, --to a point.
I like how she says, "Me,Myself & I, We have some straightening out to do". cause who doesn't have some "straightening out to do"? & kudos to her for not wanting this crazy cool guys she's singing about around while she sorts it out.
but the whole, "and I'll miss you like a child misses their blanket.."
COME ON! could we have thought of something alittle better!?
let me give you a few ideas..
with the same melody,
"and I'll miss you cause there's no one really like you.."
"and I'll miss you like crazy cause I you're a cool dude!?"
the two ideas are equally corney. Not trying to leave out the corny /childlikeness (<--new word. just created it. absorb) .. but nothing like, "I'll miss you like a child misses their blanket." Seriously.
Also, the Uno cards and playing jax reference... HELLO! I'm an adult and I play Uno, Uno Attack and Jax. So I don't know what you're talking about fergie.
Maybe you're too focused on being an adult that you can't let out your inner child-- and that's actually what You,Yourself and You need to straighten out.

And why can't a big girl cry? Is there and age where you aren't suppose to cry!? Guess what? My mom is almost 52, and I talked to her on the phone while she cried just a few weeks ago. So don't give me the, "big girls don't cry" mumbo jumbo.
Infact, I'm kinda offended. I can't deny that as a "big girl", I do enjoy a good cry every once in awhile. Perferably by myself, or with my mom on the other end of the phone. It happens. I am FEMALE- A Human being laced with Estrogen,Estrodiol,Progestrone,FSH,LH,etc. What do Males have!? Um... let's see Testosterone..and.... yeah that's right. their one, to our 5+.
So let's just give those boys another reason to criticize our emotional "spirts" shall we!?

And Dang-it-any-how that I can't turn this song off when it comes on the radio. I find myself even singing it. ( I alway leave out, "miss you like a child misses their blanket", because I can't take it.) I guess I KIND OF [and that's a BIIIIIIIG kind of] like it. I like her independance. I love that she isn't depending on someone to get her through it. (whatever, "it" may be)
So as much as it's making us girls feel like we can't cry, we're also being empowered by letting someone/something go to figure things out.
I like that.
*******************************
1 most stupid,pointless blog around.
But I really don't care. I've pondered her point everytime I heard this song. & this is a super popular song. I seriously hear it almost every hour @ work. Unreal.

I REALLY hope Weird-AL gets ahold of this one.
OH wow.. that would be GREAT!

****************************************
Big Girls Don't Cry lyrics
Da Da Da Da
The smell of your skin lingers on me now
Your probably on your flight back to your home town
I need some shelter of my own protection baby
To be with myself and center, clarity,Peace, Serenity
[CHORUS]
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, Myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But Ive got to get a move on with my life
Its time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry
The path that I'm walking
I must go alone
I must take the baby steps until I'm full grown
Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they
And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay

[CHORUS]
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to with you
It's personal, Myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
Its time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry

Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and uno cards
Ill be your best friend and you'll be mine
Valentine
Yes you can hold my hand if u want to
Cause I want to hold yours too
Well be playmates and lovers and share our secret worlds
But its time for me to go home
Its getting late, dark outside
I need to be with myself and center, clarity,Peace, Serenity


[CHORUS]
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, Myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
Its time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry
La Da Da Da Da Da

No comments: