Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lack of Technology is actually nice.....
Current mood: relaxed

So today was an amazingly,terrific,relaxing,accomplished, great day. {Yes.. all those verbs needed.}
First, I got an email (since phone still remains not-in-hands) from my family telling me that my cousin Nathan, and his wife Ashley (collectively we call them, "Nashly") after over a year of waiting are getting their baby from Ethiopia!!! We are thrilled to have a new family member named Yenenesh Tumore 'Yenni'. She is 3months old right now and will be joining us in August for our annual trip to Agate Lake,Minnesota. This is an extremely exciting blessing and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.
Also, My phone I think was found.
After my little brother forwarded the news to my mom last night, my mother (in her very threatening way) decided that she was going to take it upon herself to get my phone back. She texted it saying the following:

Mom: please return my daughters phone.
Mom:We are tracking you by GPS
Mom: we know you're in California.
Phone: I found it. P

My mom then emailed me and said that "P" found it. I am guessing that is Paul our 2nd AD. I guess I"ll have to wait 'til Monday to find it.

I am hoping that the:
phone: I found it. P that my mom said wasn't acually..
phone: I found it :P -- like sometimes when people make those faces that would be a tounge sticking out. So they really meant.. Well I found it :-P ha ha it's mine sucker!
also, OF COURSE ITS IN CALIFORNIA MOM!
Very good of my mom to use her resources. I am glad that she didn't mention that other state I whisked away to yesterday for a few hours. (?) and she didn't just pick somewhere that i could've left it, in route to wherever she thinks I could've gone. classic.

I have found that this no phone thing is actually a blessing. I"ve been reading and writing ALL DAY and it's been a much needed escape from "reality" & having my phone going off. Even if it wasn't going off I probably would've called someone and made some unnecessary plans and went out and did some unnecessary spending. But instead I lounged in the sun and read/swam/wrote/did some laundry... I would say, quite productive.

I think I'm going to make this something I do every once in a while. LOOSE/shut off phone for a weekend. I quite like it.

Happy Mothers Day to all you lucky mamas.

Ta for now.
KT

No comments: